Sunday, July 21, 2013

It's that time again!

We are totally the biggest scroungers around! Yes it's hard rubbish time again. I don't know how it works overseas, but in New Zealand, once a year we put out all our junk that can't normally put out, and the council comes and picks it all up for us. Last year was like christmas for us, especially since I'd just moved into a new flat and we didn't have much, and since I'm still doing up the chairs from then, I didn't think we needed anything this year. Untill I got a call from Catherines dad who asked me to bring the van so we could pick up a cot that Catherine wanted. A COT? are you serious. I tried to say no but went out to see it anyway... and this is what we came back with.


As you can see, there's no cot in there.

We got that later.


Yes. Catherine, eight years old, slept in a cot last night. I'm consoling myself with the fact that when she gets sick of it I can always put it back in the hard rubbish collection.

I'm quite happy about my drawers find though. When I saw it I was like "I can fix that!!!"




Drawer runners 89 cents each, some squares of ply to pack the back of the knobs... which I got from another set of drawers from the rubbish collection and viola!


Also managed to take this....


to this....


with 4 screws and a bit of elbow grease.

And finally we picked up this.


It's taken awhile, but our little flat is starting to feel more like a home.








No comments: